What is the ARMA Excellence in Asphalt Roofing Awards Program?
ARMA’s Awards Program recognizes industry professionals using asphalt roofing for both steep and low slope in beautiful, creative and impressive applications. The program provides professionals an opportunity to display their work, gain inspiration and ideas for future projects, and share their roofing pride! These award-winning projects illustrate the beauty, affordability and reliability of residential and commercial asphalt roofing systems.
How Does Judging Work?
The judging panel is comprised of several professionals well-versed in asphalt roofing. The panel may include ARMA’s Executive Vice President, one or several of ARMA’s technical experts, editors of prominent roofing trade publications, and roofing industry veterans with extensive experience. Projects are judged based on four criteria:
I. Beauty – Does the project embody the true beauty of asphalt roofing? Is it visually attractive or interesting, does it enhance the skyline, building use or design?
II. Performance – Does the project demonstrate asphalt roofing’s reliability, durability and overall system strength? Does the project display how a properly installed asphalt roofing system provides protection and peace of mind?
III. Asphalt: The Roofing Solution – Why was asphalt seen as the roofing solution? What circumstances existed with the building and/or what benefits were sought that made it clear asphalt was the best roofing choice?
IV. Distinction – Is the project clearly distinct from its peers? Is the craftsmanship remarkable and/or were there circumstances, pre-existing conditions, or challenges that could be considered extraordinary? Can this project be considered a step above the rest?
What Do Winners Receive?
Winners of ARMA’s Excellence in Asphalt Roofing Awards Program have demonstrated exceptional asphalt roofing craftsmanship, whether it was by means of a steep slope project, low slope, or a project with both low and steep elements. In recognition of this achievement, the winners (Gold, Silver and Bronze) receive:
- A cash prize (Gold – $2,000; Silver – $1,000; Bronze – $500)
- Features in national roofing and/or building and construction publications (an excellent portfolio building material)
- Coverage in the contractor’s local media (exposure to nearby audiences)
- Social media promotion
- Recognition at a member company booth during the International Roofing Expo (IRE)
- An opportunity to network with major asphalt roofing manufacturers
- An official ARMA certificate and other authority boosting materials
- A permanent spot on the ARMA website for the winning projects