ARMA Director of Marketing & Communications
(443) 640-1075 x1144 | email@example.com
Forest Hill, MD (November 1, 2022) – Now through December 1, 2022, the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association (ARMA) will accept submissions for the 2023 Excellence in Asphalt Roofing Awards Program. Roofing contractors across North America can submit their best low- and steep-slope asphalt roofing projects from the past three years for a chance to win.
“The roofing sector includes talented professionals who apply creative and innovative solutions to complex issues related to roof installations,” stated Reed Hitchcock, ARMA Executive Vice President. “ARMA’s awards program seeks to celebrate their remarkable project achievements.”
Each year, ARMA receives submissions showcasing asphalt roofing as the ideal solution for residential and commercial projects. The awards program has become an industry-wide competition, covering the full spectrum of asphalt roofing systems.
Winners must demonstrate a high degree of asphalt roofing skill, shining a light on the complex workmanship and high-quality products involved in the individual projects.
In recognition of this achievement, the winners (Gold, Silver, and Bronze) receive:
- A monetary prize (Gold – $2,000; Silver – $1,000; Bronze – $500)
- Features in national roofing and/or building and construction publications
- Press releases notifying industry press and local media
- Social media promotion
- Formal recognition during the 2023 International Roofing Expo and the opportunity to network with major asphalt roofing manufacturers
- An official ARMA certificate and other authority-boosting materials
- Recognition on the ARMA website for the winning project
Previous winners have included major commercial projects and customized residential work. No matter the size or complexity, ARMA welcomes all types of asphalt roofing projects for consideration.
It is free to participate in the program, and there is no limit to the number of entries a contractor may submit as long as each project meets the specified criteria. So, if a contractor has completed several projects over the previous three years, start online applications early to ensure adequate time to draft the strongest entries possible to increase the chances of winning. Entries will likely stand out more with detailed information and eye-catching images.
“The standard of entries we have received so far has been exceptional, including residential, commercial, low-slope, and steep-slope projects,” added Hitchcock. “ARMA wishes all entrants the best of luck.”
Once the deadline ends, a distinguished panel of judges will convene to critique and select the best asphalt roofing projects of the year. The judging panel comprises a cross-section of roofing industry experts with extensive experience and technical proficiency.
Judges will score projects based on four categories:
- Beauty – Does the project embody either an aesthetic beauty or does it demonstrate beautiful technical complexity? Is it visually attractive, and/or does it contain challenging technical obstacles overcome through the innovative use of asphalt roofing materials?
- Performance – Does the project demonstrate asphalt roofing’s reliability, durability, and overall system strength?
- Asphalt: The Roofing Solution – Why was asphalt chosen for this project?
- Distinction – Is the project distinct from its peers?
The competition also represents ARMA’s efforts to educate homeowners on the utility of asphalt roofing and the top contractors installing the material. These award-winning projects illustrate the beauty, affordability, and reliability of steep- and low-slope asphalt roofing systems.
Submit a notable asphalt roofing project today. Entrants have until Thursday, December 1, to enter the awards program. This will be the final deadline, so contractors must submit entries before this time.
To access the 2023 submission form and the program guidelines, visit www.asphaltroofing.org/excellence.
The Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association (ARMA) is a trade association representing North America’s asphalt roofing manufacturing companies and their raw material suppliers. The association includes the majority of North American manufacturers of asphalt shingles and asphalt low slope roof membrane systems. Information that ARMA gathers on modern asphalt roofing materials and practices is provided to building and code officials, as well as to regulatory agencies and allied trade groups. Committed to advances in the asphalt roofing industry, ARMA is proud of the role it plays in promoting asphalt roofing to those in the building industry and to the public.